Circle Of Promises
Promise! promise! ! promise! ! !
That's all what they give
That's all we have.
Every four years,
We are circled with promises
Our air are clustered with lies
Echoes of deafening fake promises
Are laid as baits to cajole us
Banals coloured with lies are displayed
Castles are built in the sky
Just to get what they want
All is a circle of promises
Instead for the coconut leave to become tender
It becomes harder as it matures
The more they promise,
The more lies are told,
The less we get.
Once they get what they want
They bolt into their chambers
Where they become lords to us
Never to reckon with us
Until another season of deception.
Babatunde Aremu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Circle Of Promises by Babatunde Aremu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Halloween!, Ronald Chapman
- CAn bAnDy r0uNd JeW, sEaN nOrTh
- April fool, lee fones
- Half My Life (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- H.G Well's Folly, Ronald Chapman
- Good Dream Or Bad Dream For A Writer? Yo.., Ronald Chapman
- The wave, Tony Adah
- Look me in the eye, Poison kuhn
- The Goat (Children's Poem), Ronald Chapman
- ONE'S LIFE SHARE IN LIFE نصيب الواحد في .., MOHAMMAD SKATI