Circle Of Life
Let suitcases stand around you empty
Like a Stonehenge circle
Let your heartbeat, be at the centre
Of a dark darts centrifugal force
Let the flower that encloses encase you
Clothe you, at dead of night:
Just as I and you have wept before
Tears have already left for the setting stars.
Suns have collapsed into the darkest black holes,
None fuller than the emptiest wellbores
Residing in your eyes, eternal weeping.
…Oceans apart, we have moved on’
From breathing the same volcanic primal air!
Till ashen, even the stars we have left …
Have erupted into the ever vanishing,
Circle of life!
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Circle Of Life by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Canadian geese to base, lee fones
- Let Us Enjoy The Tiny Moments Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Meanderings, Naveed Khalid
- The Love To Motherland, Bulat Okudzhava
- Pastimes Of Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Think tank, gajanan mishra
- Be thankfull, obed obser
- My Generation, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Midnight Trolley Bus, Bulat Okudzhava
- Now Falling, Bulat Okudzhava