Circle Of Life
Let suitcases stand around you empty
Like a Stonehenge circle
Let your heartbeat, be at the centre
Of a dark darts centrifugal force
Let the flower that encloses encase you
Clothe you, at dead of night:
Just as I and you have wept before
Tears have already left for the setting stars.
Suns have collapsed into the darkest black holes,
None fuller than the emptiest wellbores
Residing in your eyes, eternal weeping.
…Oceans apart, we have moved on’
From breathing the same volcanic primal air!
Till ashen, even the stars we have left …
Have erupted into the ever vanishing,
Circle of life!
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Circle Of Life by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay