My chrysalis combines with craft
To produce me from the substance
You desire from suggestions.
I am surrounded by heavenly abundance,
Fleeting worries are like wars,
Building up inside like pains.
The embodiment of hearts is a rare science,
Languid ironies take root,
For the worlds of collisions are awake.
I am enraptured by the heavenly heat,
Felicity is about to be care-free
Livid with rage.
I am an ineffable monument of pure
Thoughts made by the Lieutenant
Of Sins, the really accomplished author.
My feeding is for you, and you alone,
My butterflies speak to you, alone,
You alone in this weird old world.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chrysalis by Naveed Akram )
- Farewell To Spring, Narayana Raghavan
- The Moor, Nathalie Handal
- Your Songs Mean Nothing Now, Phil Soar
- In The Blue Hour, Nathalie Handal
- The Day Monsoon Appeared Upon My Eyes, Narayana Raghavan
- Bethlehem, Nathalie Handal
- Maa, sushant jha
- Tonight, Nathalie Handal
- Black Beans, Edward Kofi Louis
- Humble Yourself, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- nugget, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- healthy back bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- rwetewrt erwtwer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)