Edgard Canales P
Chronicles Of A Wondering Soul: Heart of a Lion
I believe I am a wondering soul
picking certain eras and life time where I can go.
At times I have flash back of other lives
don't know why
but I try,
to make sense of it all
wish I had I crystal ball.
Thoughts, memories and even dreams
plague my mind like termites
sometimes I just want to scream.
Acquired wisdom from beyond my years
overcame all my fears,
Shed some tears
while others cheered
their laughter tore my heart like a million spears,
held a grudge couldn't see too clear,
Now I just smile and hear,
because what goes around comes around like a sphere.
I see life deeper than the surface
I believe I have and old soul
and that there is a reason for that
I know that there is a good purpose.
When I close my eyes
I have memories of past lives
I see it clear
flash backs of all the times I have died.
Lying on the grass for some reason
woke up by gun shots, sounds like hunting season
look down at my hands and see that they are not there
instead I have paws like a cat
Well, a lion to be exact.
I limp to the nearest creek
standing over the water just a couple of feet
look in to see my fate better yet my destiny.
My reflection is alarming
brown fur and a lions mane that's burning.
Battered up and cut
my eyes they start to shut.
I can barely stand, seems like I'm hurt and damaged
none of this make sense
thoughts running wild more than I could manage.
Slowly I start to remember
all the members from my pride were attacked
didn't want to harm them but I was force to act.
A hunter shot my eldest son
the very next to take my throne.
I pounced on them with rage
the image of my dying son trying to erase.
Am I going crazy?
Why do I see these things
Visions are so vivid my wounds begin to sting.
Bit their faces
loving how revenge is tasting.
I smell fire,
thick black smoke
air is what I desire.
Heat coming from my head
I've been shot so in the grass I've made my bed.
A dying hunter lit my mane
in flames I understood to calmly wait for death as it came
what a shame
but the Heart of a Lion is never tamed.
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chronicles Of A Wondering Soul: Heart of a Lion by Edgard Canales P )
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Maurice Polydore-Marie-Bernard Maeterlinck
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1886 - 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)