Edgard Canales P
Chronicles Of A Wondering Soul: A Dragon's Token
Opened my eyes to see a knight
In full gear like he's about to fight
turn my head left and right
but no one else in sight.
thinking of my last scuffle
my words where muffled.
Knight shouts: I'm here to slay a dragon
he even brought a giant wagon.
With the picture clear
I know that I'm a dragon
try to fly but wings
are torn, they flap but mostly sagging.
Ambush! some one yells
using catapults and swords
to my knees I fell.
Stop it now, a woman says
dragons are noble creatures don't you know?
Why can't we be friends instead of foes.
Fearless to my fiery breath and scaly skin
she reaches over and slightly grins.
Let him go or parish
but I felt so much pain and anguish.
You destroy their mountain tops
and kill there family
than except them to give up entirely.
Too late for this rescue I thought to myself
but when I pass I will bless her with more than wealth.
Death I can see from far
my gift to her a dragon's heart.
With this you will always be protected and
have company even when you feel most rejected.
As I past away
my body turned to a fiery light
that kept all the knights at bay
Night bright as day
Hold your hands out and open
as I prepare my token
Invoking spells unspoken and slightly choking.
My whole body turns into a rose petals
red and soft but yet made of metal
In this form I will never wither away
A wondering soul I will eternally stay.
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chronicles Of A Wondering Soul: A Dragon's Token by Edgard Canales P )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Feeling Your Love, Michael P. McParland
- Feeling You, Michael P. McParland
- Feel My Touch, Michael P. McParland
- Falling, Michael P. McParland
- Faith In Him, Michael P. McParland
- Faded Night, Michael P. McParland
- Extra, Michael P. McParland
- Rosy - 1, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Extended Hand, Michael P. McParland
- call this cliche and i'll cut you, Mandolyn ...