Cretan Maineiac (April 29,1961 / Lewiston, ME USA)
A failure at best, say some (clad under cover of
the present) , genocide at
worst, tho his sail across pitching hungry waves required
balls that today might prompt one to seek out
Mare Tranquilitatis via
hot-air balloon, armed only w/ a sextant.
'[L]ike Paradise...' he sd. of his
find, but for
the fact that the
Native brothers & sisters (*in Dio* = 'in God')
insisted on walking about
naked, as tho Adam & Eve sported khakis.
Poet Other Poems
- ..United We Stand/Divided We Fall
- .32 Souls Plus One (repost)
- .Barometric Pressure
- .Chicken Hawks And Ostrich Doves
- .Christoffa Corombo
- .Even Denny's Was Closed
- .If I Ever Could
- .Night of the Iguana: 'They Made It Rain...
- .O Pateras, The Good Doctor
- .Our Ladies of the Chamber
- .Poems That Don't Rhyme
- .Ron Lantz: Let us Pray
- .The Big Vagabond
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.