GAYLE ANNE GOFF
It may be Christmas time,
But theres something different
about this year.
A lot of people still do not have
that HO HO feeling with Christmas
Some people may have or already have
lost their jobs.
This worry they carry to bed with them
That this Christmas will not be so
Some may even lose their homes.
Some may have to swallow their
pride, and get on government aide
How can a parent explain
to their small child.?
That its more important to have a home,
Than that play station under the tree
Or left out on the street maybe alone.
But maybe we can try and put the
Christmas Spirit back into
Christmas, and thats free.
What happened to the days
family's got together ate
and were happy just to
Christmas has became to
One or two presents aren't
enough for kids today
NO IT HAS TO BE
FOUR TO FIVE
Its $ 100.00 named brand tennis shoes
$400.00 play stations
An outfit if its not name brand
I know I have grand kids
This year they'll realize why
theres not going to be a lot.
I told them were gonna bake cookies
And decorate nannies tree.
together and that memory will
last a life time.
It'll be there long after the
tennis shoes have bit the dust
Memories of a childes Christmas
is a must.
This year were making Christmas
And we'll have the Christmas Spirit
And its all FREE.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
GAYLE ANNE GOFF's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CHRISTMAS SPIRIT by GAYLE ANNE GOFF )
- From The Lost Letters of Frederick Dougl.., Evie Shockley
- Seeking Sanity, michael walkerjohn
- — Shall Become As —, Evie Shockley
- I am indeed, gajanan mishra
- ভয় পেয়ো না, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Effect Shrewd Preferences, Evie Shockley
- পড়, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Boy And A Frog (kids stuff), Sally Plumb Plumb
- Haiku- Obsession, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Playing With Fire, Evie Shockley
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)