On a cold winter night, I snuggled under my blanket tight
Drifting into a lovely dream, when suddenly I heard the doorbell scream
I ignored the sound n snuggled tighter, hoping Santa would come on a day brighter
Then it struck me, it was x-mas eve, n may be Santa came to take a sneak peek
Excited I pushed my blanket aside, rushed to open the door wide
To my agony no one was there, it seemed the kids had a prank to spare
Sad and dull I walked back to my room, in a lull
But I pushed it aside, poured a large glass of milk n baked cookies fresh
It was x-mas eve, n I wasn’t going to lie like a dead beat
I got out in the chilly snow to get a little tree of my own
I got stars n bells with silver hue, n elves with pointy shoes
Placed my tree high n hung up my sock dry
Said a nice prayer, wished on a star bright, hoping Santa will visit me that night
With that hope, I snuggled again tight, looking forward for a bright Christmas light.
Blossom Mist's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas Light by Blossom Mist )
Did you read them?
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister
- Easy, Curtis Brown
- The Bed, John Foster