'Christmas in July'
Christmas in July? But the weather is hot outside!
Holiday greetings still can bring tear drops to my poetic eyes.
Family and friends get back together again when the Christmas holiday season begin. Christmas is more than brightly colored trees and lights; it is time to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. May we never forget to pay the Christ Child homage on His special day.
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
aka Roxy54/October Country
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Why did I write about Christmas in July? I write monthly poems for our church newsletter. I just happened to need a poem for the month of December. By the way, Shannon, our church secretary, helps select the poems. Out of the ones that I submit to her via e-mail.
What did that younger lady think of 'Christmas in July? ' She thought it was a great idea and so do I!
Comments about this poem ('Christmas in July' by Roxanne Dubarry )
- My Ego & my Wife, Laxman Rao
- Seed of Revenge, Oduro Bright Amoh
- In The Blue, Spiritwind Wood
- Love me when I am afraid to lust, Nancy Handabile
- Chilled Petal, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Yes, We Are Nigeria, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
- A Judgmental Society, Savino Terrazas
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)