A day of solemn dignity,
hidden in God from eternity,
foretold by the Prophets of antiquity,
the day Christ was born in humility.
The royal star shone in the heavens,
the glory of the Lord lit up the hills,
wise men and shepherds became his herald,
announcing the birth of the Light of the world.
Each year we remember that glorious day of old,
and hope that our faith may be strong and bold;
that we, too, may become light from his Light,
lift up the world’s darkness and end its plight.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas Day by Isam Hussain )
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey