A day of solemn dignity,
hidden in God from eternity,
foretold by the Prophets of antiquity,
the day Christ was born in humility.
The royal star shone in the heavens,
the glory of the Lord lit up the hills,
wise men and shepherds became his herald,
announcing the birth of the Light of the world.
Each year we remember that glorious day of old,
and hope that our faith may be strong and bold;
that we, too, may become light from his Light,
lift up the world’s darkness and end its plight.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas Day by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A.Blok, To Valery Bryusov - Translation .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, To Vladimir Bestuzhev - Translat.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Ice Storm, Ronald Chapman
- A.Pushkin, To a portrait of Zhukovsky - .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Pushkin, To Zhukovsky - translation (r.., Lyudmila Purgina
- RUINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A.Blok, To Vyacheslav Ivanov - Translati.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Contour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A.Blok, To Anna Akhmatova - Translation .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, And again - the gusts... - Trans.., Lyudmila Purgina