A day of solemn dignity,
hidden in God from eternity,
foretold by the Prophets of antiquity,
the day Christ was born in humility.
The royal star shone in the heavens,
the glory of the Lord lit up the hills,
wise men and shepherds became his herald,
announcing the birth of the Light of the world.
Each year we remember that glorious day of old,
and hope that our faith may be strong and bold;
that we, too, may become light from his Light,
lift up the world’s darkness and end its plight.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas Day by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Comparisons, Radclyffe Hall
- The Lost Word, Radclyffe Hall
- The Final Morbidity of the Interior Embe.., Henry Splawn Taylor
- 'Líneas Inolvidables de Mamá', nikka mee farillon
- No Chance Of Escape, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On The Potomac River U.S.A., Radclyffe Hall
- Georgetown U.S.A., Radclyffe Hall
- Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- கொல்லும் போர்க்களம்!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- No Use Sighin', Edgar Albert Guest