Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Christmas and Detoxification
Food, drinks and presents,
Lavish food and lavish giving
Christmas parties, Christmas delights,
Christmas trees and sparkling lights!
Christmas for families and loved ones
Christmas for haves and have-nots,
Time for spending, time for eating
Time for giving, time for sharing.
Detox Christmas from excesses
Seen only from what can be fished
Out from our accounts and wallets,
from what we can feed our tummies.
Detox Christmas by welcoming
The gift of Love and Grace into
our being, removing toxins of greed,
of hate, fear, and doubt in human heart.
Elizabeth Padillo Olesen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas and Detoxification by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Sand, Joey Jones
- Variations, Kewayne Wadley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz