Christmas will be lonely without Tina my wife
For she died in hospital, and she was my life.
She seemed for all to start to recover
But died suddenly without warning
A life alone I was about to discover.
It will be lonely this Christmas, lonely and cold
She died so young never to grow old.
I now watch others prepare for Christmas joys
Out to the shops stocking up with food.
Or out buying perfume, jumpers and toys.
What the future holds nobody knows
My love for her only grows and grows.
I think of her both night and day
And when I take her dog for a walk
For in my heart she will always stay.
I spend my time at the foot of her grave
Thinking of the love to me that she gave.
Of soft the times we went out for a walk,
An afternoon drive in the countryside,
Or sat in a café over coffee where we would talk.
But Christmas will come and Christmas will go
And Christmas joy to others I must still show.
For Christmas is about a new born child
Brought into this world so meek and so mild
To bring about healing for people like me
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas Alone by David Wood )
- To Perish In Paris, Curtlan Popo
- Depths Of Self - Assertion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Much More To Life There Is To Live, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Our first meet, gajanan mishra
- Intensity Of A Mere Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Distant Whirring, Curtlan Popo
- A Challenge Title Contest - 2014's Oct N.., Brian Johnston
- Intuitively Wondering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- No Other Presence, Hannah Bryson Price
- Transcendent Evolution, Curtlan Popo
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)