Recently I was asked
what I would like for Christmas,
afterall, it isn’t too far away.
Well, I rattled off a nice little list
of things I wouldn’t mind having.
after thinking about it,
I mean - really thinking about it,
there is something I could come up with.
I want it to feel like Christmas.
It just doesn’t for some reason.
I hope it’s not just me.
Is anyone else looking for that Christmas feel or spirit?
I just don’t feel it.
Remember when, as a kid, you waited impatiently for weeks?
Maybe the weather has something to do with it.
How can it feel like Christmas
when it’s either rainy or near 60 out?
I want snow.
I want it now.
I want it to put me in the mood.
I can’t stand not being in the mood.
I can remember Christmases from my childhood,
nothing can compare to them.
Nowadays, Christmas is more like just another day.
Please, someone, please,
make it feel like Christmas again.
I should already be in the Christmas mood,
but it’s just not there,
and I don’t see it anywhere nearby.
Where’s my Christmas spirit?
I need it back, and fast.
Christmas day is near
and I just feel blah about it,
and that’s no way to be.
bob barci's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas? by bob barci )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Old Hopes and New Shoes, Charles Hancock
- Pressure Of Racism, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Activities of life., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wanderer at the hills of freedom, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Expressing Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JULEKALENDER # X, Gunnar Mo.
- Raise voice against terrorism and racism, Aftab Alam
- Passion, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Immersing Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hymn, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan