Recently I was asked
what I would like for Christmas,
afterall, it isn’t too far away.
Well, I rattled off a nice little list
of things I wouldn’t mind having.
after thinking about it,
I mean - really thinking about it,
there is something I could come up with.
I want it to feel like Christmas.
It just doesn’t for some reason.
I hope it’s not just me.
Is anyone else looking for that Christmas feel or spirit?
I just don’t feel it.
Remember when, as a kid, you waited impatiently for weeks?
Maybe the weather has something to do with it.
How can it feel like Christmas
when it’s either rainy or near 60 out?
I want snow.
I want it now.
I want it to put me in the mood.
I can’t stand not being in the mood.
I can remember Christmases from my childhood,
nothing can compare to them.
Nowadays, Christmas is more like just another day.
Please, someone, please,
make it feel like Christmas again.
I should already be in the Christmas mood,
but it’s just not there,
and I don’t see it anywhere nearby.
Where’s my Christmas spirit?
I need it back, and fast.
Christmas day is near
and I just feel blah about it,
and that’s no way to be.
bob barci's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas? by bob barci )
- blow up doll, lee fones
- Please Mommy, Stephen Morris Jr
- Bruce Lee, A Star Sinked in the Sea of Art, Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
- rude book, lee fones
- To Rise Again, Tom Zart
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- 신세계 대전오피 010↔5959↔1049 대전서구오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- The Empty Room, Maria Magdalena Biela
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Clear Midnight, Walt Whitman
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)