Though the day remains unknown
of the birth of He, king upon the throne,
December 25th is cast in stone
And that is enough for me
But I'm at ends as how to celebrate
Christmas trees, and Santa, verses faith
Prayer and fasting or gluttonous plate.
What is best for the family?
Christmas can't be without snow
That is the Christmas many know
It's a time when many kowtow.
What is Christmas in eternity?
What's in the angels' Christmas song
Does Santa take place where he does not belong
In this choir a billion strong
O boy, it must be a sight to see
One that's matched when a soul is saved
trumped the day He rose from the grave
When in His name one stands brave
That is heaven's Jubilee
Merry Christmas, may all be well
Pray one day we'll join with Raphael
Michael and the resting archangels
In praise, since Christ has set us free.
Copyright © 2010 Leslie Alexis
Leslie Alexis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas by Leslie Alexis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- That Bold Hold, V P Mahur
- Mistakes, Delia Anna
- I'ts Not a Sin to Love You Like This..., wanderer sailor
- Psalm 096, Forrest Hainline
- Slaves To Appearances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Changes Can Be Painful, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Rain Affects Incident Light, mary douglas
- Maypole Dancing Dulcet As Spring, mary douglas
- Wish to Say Something, V P Mahur
- Nuclear Love, Monk E. Biz