Christmas time is hear my friends
The lights are on the tree
Light up Santa on the lawn
For everyone to see.
Hang the wreath upon the door
smell the scent of pine
See the Shepard's gathered around Mary
Inside the lighted shrine.
Are you praying for a White Christmas
I am, but just for Christmas day
Just enough to give the kids
A fun ride on their sleigh.
Take a drive around the neighborhood
See all the lights and decorations
No two houses will look the same
They will all meet your expectations.
It's early Christmas morning
The children are up and sitting around the tree
Looking at all the presents there
And wondering, 'how many are for me? '
Seeing all the children's faces
When Papa starts handing the present out
The joy and laughter I see and hear
Reminds me that children are what Christmas is all about.
GOD BLESS EVERYONE! !
Dianna Nally's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas by Dianna Nally )
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
- Your Ghost Doesn't Haunt This Room, Jeff Gangwer
- She Wore Poison on Her Neck, Jeff Gangwer
- Yes or No?, Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Primitive, Sharon Olds
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)