Christmas time is hear my friends
The lights are on the tree
Light up Santa on the lawn
For everyone to see.
Hang the wreath upon the door
smell the scent of pine
See the Shepard's gathered around Mary
Inside the lighted shrine.
Are you praying for a White Christmas
I am, but just for Christmas day
Just enough to give the kids
A fun ride on their sleigh.
Take a drive around the neighborhood
See all the lights and decorations
No two houses will look the same
They will all meet your expectations.
It's early Christmas morning
The children are up and sitting around the tree
Looking at all the presents there
And wondering, 'how many are for me? '
Seeing all the children's faces
When Papa starts handing the present out
The joy and laughter I see and hear
Reminds me that children are what Christmas is all about.
GOD BLESS EVERYONE! !
Dianna Nally's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas by Dianna Nally )
- Staying Power, Michael McParland
- On The Brink Of Heaven, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Names, Frank Avon
- Freedom, stephen ifill
- A Challenge Title Contest - 2014's Nov. .., Brian Johnston
- Missing Links, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Evermore, Sheehan Patrick Augustine
- A lovely even for the stars of respect., Raymond Sawyer
- Silence Passed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am thankful for my children Ethan, and.., Sagrario Garcia
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(1644 - 1694)