Christmas time is hear my friends
The lights are on the tree
Light up Santa on the lawn
For everyone to see.
Hang the wreath upon the door
smell the scent of pine
See the Shepard's gathered around Mary
Inside the lighted shrine.
Are you praying for a White Christmas
I am, but just for Christmas day
Just enough to give the kids
A fun ride on their sleigh.
Take a drive around the neighborhood
See all the lights and decorations
No two houses will look the same
They will all meet your expectations.
It's early Christmas morning
The children are up and sitting around the tree
Looking at all the presents there
And wondering, 'how many are for me? '
Seeing all the children's faces
When Papa starts handing the present out
The joy and laughter I see and hear
Reminds me that children are what Christmas is all about.
GOD BLESS EVERYONE! !
Dianna Nally's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas by Dianna Nally )
- People's eyes, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Every letter has its own address المكتوب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Forlorn, Katinka Havermans
- From Creation To Extravagance, Naveed Akram
- Everlasting, Michael McParland
- Lonely Only, Sunny Chopra
- When it comes to money, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Psalm V, George Herbert
- Open well., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Halloween Meant For Fun, Katherine Nordhaus
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)