My thoughts are all twisted in a little web of lies, my mind playing tricks with all the devil's little spies.
My ideas are all warped, all thoughts of my death, my eyes filled with tears the sadness hasn't left.
My heart jokes and flips with every little crush, my brain pauses with every tiny touch.
I can't see straight, I can't choose one, who will accept me, who'll be the most fun?
Why can’t my mind figure out right from wrong? Why can’t it just be alone, yet strong?
Who can take care of my broken and scarred heart? Wouldn’t that be great, wouldn’t it be smart?
Why can’t I just make up my little mind? They say that love should always be blind.
Yet here I am contemplating who to choose, abandoning the other in a fit of abuse.
My decision isn’t solely based on looks, I’m not just ‘judging the covers of these two books.’
One I’ve never physically met, the other I’ve known as less than a threat.
She is so sweet yet she hurt me so much, he has always been my backup crutch.
She left me for her “one true love, ” she’s the one who treated me so rough.
He has always been there for me, he’s the one who truly set me free.
I’m conflicted, torn, and don’t know who to pick, one I’m blind to, the other I’ve tricked.
I wish to pick her, she showed me the way, but she’s happy with him to this very day.
So I’ll settle with the other and hope to forget, that my first girl crush was my first bet.
Crystal Blanchette's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Choice by Crystal Blanchette )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Woman Work, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Hold On, Spiritwind Wood
- Underwoods: Epigram, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Passions of Love, Cathy Hodgson
- What Is an Epigram?, Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Before and Every After, Marianne Boruch
- Patron, Archan Mehta
- I Never Compose A Poem, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Binoo the Actor, sarojkanta dash
- It Is Not Mine, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Train Journey, Asit Kumar Sanyal