My thoughts are all twisted in a little web of lies, my mind playing tricks with all the devil's little spies.
My ideas are all warped, all thoughts of my death, my eyes filled with tears the sadness hasn't left.
My heart jokes and flips with every little crush, my brain pauses with every tiny touch.
I can't see straight, I can't choose one, who will accept me, who'll be the most fun?
Why can’t my mind figure out right from wrong? Why can’t it just be alone, yet strong?
Who can take care of my broken and scarred heart? Wouldn’t that be great, wouldn’t it be smart?
Why can’t I just make up my little mind? They say that love should always be blind.
Yet here I am contemplating who to choose, abandoning the other in a fit of abuse.
My decision isn’t solely based on looks, I’m not just ‘judging the covers of these two books.’
One I’ve never physically met, the other I’ve known as less than a threat.
She is so sweet yet she hurt me so much, he has always been my backup crutch.
She left me for her “one true love, ” she’s the one who treated me so rough.
He has always been there for me, he’s the one who truly set me free.
I’m conflicted, torn, and don’t know who to pick, one I’m blind to, the other I’ve tricked.
I wish to pick her, she showed me the way, but she’s happy with him to this very day.
So I’ll settle with the other and hope to forget, that my first girl crush was my first bet.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Choice by Crystal Blanchette )
- Repair a net, Trong Phan
- Jayanta Mahahpatra As An Image-maker, A .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- hindi haiku ghazal chaand, S.D. TIWARI
- Who Really Cares? Does Anything Matter?, Mr. Nobody
- Jashn manaao, Aftab Alam
- Poetry Is Where You Find It X, Frank Avon
- Happiness Is..., Arno Le Roux
- I Never Travelled Alone, Akhtar Jawad
- Wholesomeness To Thirst, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sleep At The Wheel, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)