My thoughts are all twisted in a little web of lies, my mind playing tricks with all the devil's little spies.
My ideas are all warped, all thoughts of my death, my eyes filled with tears the sadness hasn't left.
My heart jokes and flips with every little crush, my brain pauses with every tiny touch.
I can't see straight, I can't choose one, who will accept me, who'll be the most fun?
Why can’t my mind figure out right from wrong? Why can’t it just be alone, yet strong?
Who can take care of my broken and scarred heart? Wouldn’t that be great, wouldn’t it be smart?
Why can’t I just make up my little mind? They say that love should always be blind.
Yet here I am contemplating who to choose, abandoning the other in a fit of abuse.
My decision isn’t solely based on looks, I’m not just ‘judging the covers of these two books.’
One I’ve never physically met, the other I’ve known as less than a threat.
She is so sweet yet she hurt me so much, he has always been my backup crutch.
She left me for her “one true love, ” she’s the one who treated me so rough.
He has always been there for me, he’s the one who truly set me free.
I’m conflicted, torn, and don’t know who to pick, one I’m blind to, the other I’ve tricked.
I wish to pick her, she showed me the way, but she’s happy with him to this very day.
So I’ll settle with the other and hope to forget, that my first girl crush was my first bet.
Crystal Blanchette's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Choice by Crystal Blanchette )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Carlos Drummond de Andrade
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
Poem of the Day
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen