Chistmas Is Upon Us
Christmas is upon us and the snows are starting to fall
We see Christmas decorations in every shop and mall
Helpers dressed like Santa s ringing their Christmas bells
Helping the families who aren't doing too well.
Decorated Christmas trees in every shop and mall
And choirs on the corners singing of the greatest gift of all.
The birth of our savior on this grand and glorious day
And how we give thanks to him in this special way.
Christmas is upon us and you can feel it in the air
As people greet each other with Good will and good cheer.
This is the time of year that people try to forget
all the bitterness, greed, and hate
And replace it with a lot of love and faith.
Christmas is upon us - just look around
At all the joyous faces that can be found
Smiles on most faces and very few hum bugs
What they are showing is tenderness and love.
Christmas is upon us as we give praise
And thanks to the lord up above
For giving us all- his tenderness and love.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chistmas Is Upon Us by louis rams )
- Venetian Candy, John Updike
- Sylvander to Clarinda, Robert Burns
- The Lady, PAUL COLVIN
- From ' The Holy Roode', Sir John Davies
- Tao in the Yankee Stadium Bleachers, John Updike
- Epigram on Dr. Babington's looks, Robert Burns
- Lament for James, Earl of Glencairn, Robert Burns
- From 'The Triumph of Death', Sir John Davies
- Returning Native, John Updike
- A man is in need of, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Bright Star, John Keats
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)