Chistmas Is Upon Us
Christmas is upon us and the snows are starting to fall
We see Christmas decorations in every shop and mall
Helpers dressed like Santa s ringing their Christmas bells
Helping the families who aren't doing too well.
Decorated Christmas trees in every shop and mall
And choirs on the corners singing of the greatest gift of all.
The birth of our savior on this grand and glorious day
And how we give thanks to him in this special way.
Christmas is upon us and you can feel it in the air
As people greet each other with Good will and good cheer.
This is the time of year that people try to forget
all the bitterness, greed, and hate
And replace it with a lot of love and faith.
Christmas is upon us - just look around
At all the joyous faces that can be found
Smiles on most faces and very few hum bugs
What they are showing is tenderness and love.
Christmas is upon us as we give praise
And thanks to the lord up above
For giving us all- his tenderness and love.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chistmas Is Upon Us by louis rams )
- falling down a well- well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
- broad boy souffle, derrick foster
- PH: Nature: Canoeing The Mississippi - P.., Brian Johnston
- Steps Of Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Whispers Of Ancient Parables, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 3, Frank Avon
- Being Enlightened, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 2, Frank Avon
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns