I open the way of feeling to everyone
Who glances in my direction that stays.
I frustrate the coldness of the air today,
Eerie are the ways we splendidly follow
Like the cattle and children of our day.
I have seen many wonders in children of light,
Light encompasses their being, it is essential
To their upbringing, to their destiny.
My authors and children contemplate
For a day to begin their tragedy.
This is a comedy of alertness, inside us,
As children the feelings rise and fall
Like the waves of the sea and river.
In our country we see children
And more of them as well tonight.
I have offensives and defenses today,
Like the children of risk and despair
Inwardly talking like the very desperation.
My conversation never appalled the distinct
Who offered their own children to oldness.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Children Today by Naveed Akram )
- Mystic Journey, Elizabeth Melillo
- Court of Life, Kolade Seun
- Entropic Being., John Lee Williams
- What The Tortoise Said, Tony Adah
- Forgiveness, Tiger Lily
- Stature, Nassy Fesharaki
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 6, ramesh rai
- Man Overboard, Tiffany Alexis
- The World Is Confounded, Tony Adah
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 5, ramesh rai
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)