I open the way of feeling to everyone
Who glances in my direction that stays.
I frustrate the coldness of the air today,
Eerie are the ways we splendidly follow
Like the cattle and children of our day.
I have seen many wonders in children of light,
Light encompasses their being, it is essential
To their upbringing, to their destiny.
My authors and children contemplate
For a day to begin their tragedy.
This is a comedy of alertness, inside us,
As children the feelings rise and fall
Like the waves of the sea and river.
In our country we see children
And more of them as well tonight.
I have offensives and defenses today,
Like the children of risk and despair
Inwardly talking like the very desperation.
My conversation never appalled the distinct
Who offered their own children to oldness.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Children Today by Naveed Akram )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Syllable Of Meaning, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Touching Rendition, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dahshatgard, Bano Ali
- Safe Haven, Denis Martindale
- My Dear Father, Monesh Kumar
- But quarrelsome, gajanan mishra
- Period so brief, hasmukh amathalal
- Rapping Christmas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On Christmas Evening, John Lars Zwerenz
- MAX, Dog goD 8Hate