Dr John Celes
Children's Day in India,2012
Being a child is what all love to be;
And when adult, we know we can never;
Childhood was best and everyone agrees;
But do children have freedom they deserve?
The smaller family norm has done great harm;
The child is neglected right from its birth;
It wallops in its faeces and urine!
It has to study when 'tis age to play!
What selfishness fills hearts of most adults!
They spare no time to watch the bud blossom;
World's children pine for love and yearn for care;
They are denied their rights when still in womb!
The crimes against children are on the rise;
Children are used, abused and not amused;
No nation thrives if children stay enslaved;
Let parents love their children sincerely!
Children are living wealth of nations prime;
Children are priceless gifts from God above;
Children are future parents and leaders;
Children need to be kept healthy, unharmed!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 13-11-12
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Children's Day in India,2012 by Dr John Celes )
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- It's Not Nice To Kill Other People, Is It Poetry
- Song To Sri Ramakrishna, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Three Little Pigs, Roald Dahl
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)