The Chicago style hot dog is
An all beef frankfurter cooked done,
Steamed, boiled or grilled the vendors' biz,
Then put on a poppy seed bun.
Yellow mustard is put on top,
With green sweet pickle relish near.
Then add some white onions, chop, chop,
Tomato slice, dill pickle spear,
Just a dash of celery salt.
Dragged through the garden, so to speak.
But use ketchup, and face the fault
For react havoc that would wreak.
One is living high on the hog,
Chowing down a Chicago dog.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chicago Dog by Ima Ryma )
- Then, SALINI NAIR
- Beauty Does Shine, Rohit Sapra
- The Poster Girl's Defence, Carolyn Wells
- The love obituary, Kenneth Maswabi
- Marina Tsvetaeva Every poem is a child.., valentin savin
- Tribute to Otieno Kajwang (Bwana Bado Ma.., Amos O. Ojwang'
- On A Calm Summer Night, Eve Carter
- Accepting Human Nature, Ima Ryma
- and then a cliff where i fall again., RIC S. BASTASA
- how can my hands prevent you from gettin.., RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Coat, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Challenge To The Dark, Charles Bukowski
- November, Thomas Hood
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)