I was too blind to see the tart skene that whetted my heart.
I was a fool to believe that your words of love bore meaning.
There left doleful and glum, as you tore my heart apart.
Henceforth, I was condemned to accept this dreadful feeling.
There whereupon I languished in my sullen lassitude quickly.
Hitherto I sought to then overwhelm my sorrow and grief.
I was forced to continue within the depth of my obscurity.
Forlorn and beguiled, I searched for solace and relief.
You kinked my heart and plaited it through wantonness with ease.
How was I to know you were a jilt, through your clever subterfuge?
You shattered my emotions and cajoled me, and sought to tease.
A thief of hearts, you left me in the end with no true refuge.
Your debauchery in the end shall be your wanton downfall.
You are a deceiver, and through your lechery, you shall lose.
You are a swindler, and your chicanery shall make you come to fall.
Henceforth your charade was to me forsooth, once a great muse.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Charade by Franc Rodriguez )
- Follow The Star, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Forgive And Let Go, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Good morning again, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku 'Eat', miken newman
- उगा रेत से बालुआ ये शहर (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Christmas Blackmail, Phil Soar
- Child Inside, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- G.M. Soldier (still fighting that war wi.., michael walkerjohn
- Imagination, Phil Soar
- Halloween tonight, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)