I was too blind to see the tart skene that whetted my heart.
I was a fool to believe that your words of love bore meaning.
There left doleful and glum, as you tore my heart apart.
Henceforth, I was condemned to accept this dreadful feeling.
There whereupon I languished in my sullen lassitude quickly.
Hitherto I sought to then overwhelm my sorrow and grief.
I was forced to continue within the depth of my obscurity.
Forlorn and beguiled, I searched for solace and relief.
You kinked my heart and plaited it through wantonness with ease.
How was I to know you were a jilt, through your clever subterfuge?
You shattered my emotions and cajoled me, and sought to tease.
A thief of hearts, you left me in the end with no true refuge.
Your debauchery in the end shall be your wanton downfall.
You are a deceiver, and through your lechery, you shall lose.
You are a swindler, and your chicanery shall make you come to fall.
Henceforth your charade was to me forsooth, once a great muse.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Charade by Franc Rodriguez )
- A centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Triku II, Steve Kittell
- Hurly-Burly هرج و مرج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- INCINERATED, Satish Verma
- Power absolute, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Going to persons who don't have generous.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- AM I A MOUTHPIECE?, M.D Dinesh Nair