Their words like needle.
Arranged smartly with trick.
So that it hurts maximum.
Utmost it pricks.
My words when hit back;
Like some venom in cowl.
They scream with pain.
They cry foul.
Now character analysis they do.
Many of them, not just few.
Each has something to say.
And at the end of day;
Papers banged infront me.
My Character certificates I see.
Not one or two but so many.
But do I need any.
Now listen very carefully.
I want to make it known.
I need only one certificate;
And that is my own.
Md. Asadullah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Character Certificates by Md. Asadullah )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Farewell, William Wordsworth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Home, 107 tshepzen
- Inanity (2014), MILTON STYNER
- Where once you stood, Edward Clapham
- Thou hast dove eyes, thou hast dove eyes., devon da poet
- Habits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- CAN'T GET THERE., Terry Collett
- Blurred vision., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- One Hundred and Eleven Cranks, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Want Versus Need..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Why we quarrel., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..