Sleep away the cares of today,
My tired eyes grow weary,
Wondering of the day to come,
The future, dressed in theory.
Who shall I be on the morrow?
What waits in store for me?
Happiness or bitter sorrow?
Can’t wait to peek and see.
Another day in the same ol life,
Contentment has gone his way,
Open door, for worry and strife,
Wild thoughts are going astray.
Calm the mind, to a finer place,
Filled with family and old friends,
Everyone met, with warm embrace,
Any tension, softly cleansed.
Changes much for the better,
Sometimes feeling the worse,
Sunshine to inclement weather,
Naturally willing to be adverse.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Changes by G.R. Gaus )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Michael P. McParland
(1498 - 1546)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Question, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Defective, gajanan mishra
- Deep Pain, Michael P. McParland
- Miracle Of Compassion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dedication, Michael P. McParland
- Deciet?, Michael P. McParland
- He is on earth, hasmukh amathalal
- Death And Destruction, Michael P. McParland
- The Solution, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Death death death, gajanan mishra
- Season Of Great Joy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak