Sleep away the cares of today,
My tired eyes grow weary,
Wondering of the day to come,
The future, dressed in theory.
Who shall I be on the morrow?
What waits in store for me?
Happiness or bitter sorrow?
Can’t wait to peek and see.
Another day in the same ol life,
Contentment has gone his way,
Open door, for worry and strife,
Wild thoughts are going astray.
Calm the mind, to a finer place,
Filled with family and old friends,
Everyone met, with warm embrace,
Any tension, softly cleansed.
Changes much for the better,
Sometimes feeling the worse,
Sunshine to inclement weather,
Naturally willing to be adverse.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Changes by G.R. Gaus )
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard