'CHANGE OUR PERCEPTION'
Came as a light worker to make jail not so grim- -
inmates going to jail needed some smiles.
Their thoughts and feelings were quite dim.
Going on a mission as a change agent
to change jail’s perception-
It’s all about perception of jail and how we
can now use it as a place of inspiration.
We want to help build inmates spirits up again—
not to make them feel like more of a criminal
and treating them less than human.
Some inmates feel it is survival like animals in a pack—
too bad humans have to watch their back.
We need to change how we think
is jail making it any better
or is it just making people’s life shrink?
How about Joy And Inspiration Lives—
is that a better place to come from?
From a heart that cares and gives?
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on March 25,2013
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('CHANGE OUR PERCEPTION' by Suzanna Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra