Change can mean a loss or change can mean a gain;
Change can give us joy or change can cause us pain.
Change can bring glory or change can point blame;
Change can give us wisdom or change can bring us shame.
Change can lead to poverty or give us untold wealth;
Change can make us suffer or restore us back to health.
Change can bring harmony or change can bring strife;
Change can show us death or lead us back to life.
Change can fulfill our desires or just give us what we need;
Change can show kindness or point the way to greed.
Change can make us humble or change can make us proud;
Change can make us lonely or make us part of the crowd.
Change can be good or bad, it depends on how we view it;
But when God tells us to make a change, we simply have to do it!
So whatever change may come our way, not only will we survive,
But because God is with us, we will also grow and thrive.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Change by Brian Swaine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer
- Pioneers and Parade Floats, Jeff Gangwer