Terence G. Craddock (afterglows echoes of starlight)
Champagne Rain Pouring Down Throats?
so many fleet words
drowning in wine words
liquid pouring down throats...
where is floating driftwood
where is rescue inflated liferaft
where is specialist survival lifeboat
released for Titanic global warming crisis?
a perscription resolute blindness
pervades scientific industralized nations
forget your fog of words carbon tax inhibitions
forget expense needed to save coastlines icebergs are melting?
world leaders clowns in ostrich suits
still refusing to get feet wet spend on global warming
paramount prevention necessity supreme preeminent world threat
to humanity survival we can now not too late still do something about?
US President is giving away
Whitehouse seeds to Pope
English Queen is giving away
Estate preserves to Pope
so busy busy busy with protocoal rope
stage set action pose smile for cameras
never handed humanity a lifeline rope
flood coming open parasols or umbrellas?
nice worlds greatest mafia families
are finally meeting speaking we are so so releaved...
sound the cavalry charge play royal
rescue song rule britannia, britannia rule the waves...
what not working not a jolly good show?
did not work for wise God fearing King Canute either...
waves rise shall not stop even for royal feet
swamped technology power misuse equals flood higher...
Terence G. Craddock (afterglows echoes of starlight)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Complete version of the split images 'Save Coastlines Icebergs Are Melting? ', 'Leaders Clowns In Ostrich Suits? ' and 'Save World Britannia Rule The Waves? ' by Terence George Craddock.
Topic: Political Satire
Comments about this poem (Champagne Rain Pouring Down Throats? by Terence G. Craddock (afterglows echoes of starlight) )
- Bitch Please, Akhil Zoomin
- The Lonely One, John F. McCullagh
- Psalm I, Joseph Hall
- Psalm LVII, George Wither
- From 'The Motto', George Wither
- Written by Somebody on the Window of an .., Robert Burns
- Scroggam, my dearie, Robert Burns
- Epitaph for William Nicol, High School, .., Robert Burns
- Lovely Polly Stewart, Robert Burns
- Rantin, Rovin Robin, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Away, Melancholy, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)