Terence G. Craddock (afterglows echoes of starlight)
Champagne Rain Pouring Down Throats?
so many fleet words
drowning in wine words
liquid pouring down throats...
where is floating driftwood
where is rescue inflated liferaft
where is specialist survival lifeboat
released for Titanic global warming crisis?
a perscription resolute blindness
pervades scientific industralized nations
forget your fog of words carbon tax inhibitions
forget expense needed to save coastlines icebergs are melting?
world leaders clowns in ostrich suits
still refusing to get feet wet spend on global warming
paramount prevention necessity supreme preeminent world threat
to humanity survival we can now not too late still do something about?
US President is giving away
Whitehouse seeds to Pope
English Queen is giving away
Estate preserves to Pope
so busy busy busy with protocoal rope
stage set action pose smile for cameras
never handed humanity a lifeline rope
flood coming open parasols or umbrellas?
nice worlds greatest mafia families
are finally meeting speaking we are so so releaved...
sound the cavalry charge play royal
rescue song rule britannia, britannia rule the waves...
what not working not a jolly good show?
did not work for wise God fearing King Canute either...
waves rise shall not stop even for royal feet
swamped technology power misuse equals flood higher...
Topic of this poem: Politics
Terence G. Craddock (afterglows echoes of starlight)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Complete version of the split images 'Save Coastlines Icebergs Are Melting? ', 'Leaders Clowns In Ostrich Suits? ' and 'Save World Britannia Rule The Waves? ' by Terence George Craddock.
Topic: Political Satire
Comments about this poem (Champagne Rain Pouring Down Throats? by Terence G. Craddock (afterglows echoes of starlight) )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(15 April 1958)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- QUARTER! 2015 Australian Open: Djokovic .., Vincent Wendele
Poem of the Day
- A Visit To Your Home Amongst A Field of .., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Cavern by the Sea, Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- Of The Second Presage..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Smile!, Avinash Nair
- mGIC TREE, oskar hansen
- innocence, abdirahman haaji rilwaan
- MOST LIVING PEOPLE, Michael P. Johnson
- Beautiful rose, Andytics mufc
- How Not to Play War, Ima Ryma
- We are here to sing, gajanan mishra