Terence G. Craddock (afterglows echoes of starlight)
Champagne Rain Pouring Down Throats?
so many fleet words
drowning in wine words
liquid pouring down throats...
where is floating driftwood
where is rescue inflated liferaft
where is specialist survival lifeboat
released for Titanic global warming crisis?
a perscription resolute blindness
pervades scientific industralized nations
forget your fog of words carbon tax inhibitions
forget expense needed to save coastlines icebergs are melting?
world leaders clowns in ostrich suits
still refusing to get feet wet spend on global warming
paramount prevention necessity supreme preeminent world threat
to humanity survival we can now not too late still do something about?
US President is giving away
Whitehouse seeds to Pope
English Queen is giving away
Estate preserves to Pope
so busy busy busy with protocoal rope
stage set action pose smile for cameras
never handed humanity a lifeline rope
flood coming open parasols or umbrellas?
nice worlds greatest mafia families
are finally meeting speaking we are so so releaved...
sound the cavalry charge play royal
rescue song rule britannia, britannia rule the waves...
what not working not a jolly good show?
did not work for wise God fearing King Canute either...
waves rise shall not stop even for royal feet
swamped technology power misuse equals flood higher...
Topic of this poem: Politics
Terence G. Craddock (afterglows echoes of starlight)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Complete version of the split images 'Save Coastlines Icebergs Are Melting? ', 'Leaders Clowns In Ostrich Suits? ' and 'Save World Britannia Rule The Waves? ' by Terence George Craddock.
Topic: Political Satire
Comments about this poem (Champagne Rain Pouring Down Throats? by Terence G. Craddock (afterglows echoes of starlight) )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- All The Love We Hide, Michael P. McParland
- Flummoxed, douglas scotney
- The Ex, stephen pennell
- Let Us Lay Down, Michael P. McParland
- Clears Throat, Mae AC.
- Lonliness And Madness = Useless Loveless.., Michael P. McParland
- Looking At The Stars, Michael P. McParland
- Quiet hearts, maryline vautravers
- Your Place(My Heart), Michael P. McParland
- You're So Beautiful, Michael P. McParland