Paths are diverting!
Surprisingly end of one path is the beginning of new path.
Yes, you are right, I am mere a light,
Just removed the darkness inside the earthenware vessel
But today cracks shook the walls of vessel.
It's sad the prolonged vessel going to be shattered.
Well it was never in my hand
As the time and climate withered it away.
None could save it from crashing.
But today, I am going to read this in other way...
Today cracks started appearing
Light is that driving force which will break the vessel of darkness,
to spread the light everywhere.
Your challenging words are those driving force behind to move forward.
A new path is coming my way
I can see through the cracks of earthen vessel
Which is going to break from all sides.
May be my cloudy thoughts are going to break
And showing me clear way to look ahead.
Unexpectedly I came across this path
Today, I am surprised to see there is a way through a tinted hole.
Not sure is this path long or short?
Through my experience, I am going to crack it.
I have to move.
I will not regret if I fail
Nothing can be worst ever than today.
I will not regret to fall into dust.
I am moving ahead.
I want to rise to the star
From this earth to the star
To prove myself
That I ever existed
If I touch star
And never return back
I won't regret
As I made up my mind to move,
To prove I ever existed
Though you may or may not see
But many will witness this star
Rising for at least once and
falling to the dust!
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Challenging Cracks! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #09, Ronjoy Brahma
- Dinner with the ghost of Lorenzo Thomas, Patricia Spears Jones
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #08, Ronjoy Brahma
- Being a human, gajanan mishra
- Mosquitoes, Rahul Babu
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #07, Ronjoy Brahma
- The pretty back to school الرجوع الجميل .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- New Year, Patricia Spears Jones
- The Theme Is Flight, Patricia Spears Jones
- Son Cubano, Patricia Spears Jones
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)