I love to make
the Challah bread
it's like a taste of heaven.
Some flour and
a loving prayer
to add a bit of leaven.
To form the braid
and weave it so,
it is a work of art.
In loving care
the bread is baked
from the center of my heart.
And when it's shared
by friend and neighbor,
a bread so full of flavor,
our friendship we shall savor.
Goodwill is ours this day
be it summer, fall or spring.
May the lovely Challah bread
To your family blessings bring.
Lynne FincherSpringarden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Challah Blessings by Lynne FincherSpringarden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Share This Space, Jon M. Nelson
- Rain at Reading, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- A Special Mother, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Fallen Soldier Table, Jon M. Nelson
- Meteors, Ronald Chapman
- Snake-fire, gajanan mishra
- On Leaving the Bachelorette Brunch, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- tRyiNg 2 right 1 $eN10s i MiGht UnDerStand, sEaN nOrTh
- Love and Work, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Artistic Need For Suffering, Kyle Schlicher