I love to make
the Challah bread
it's like a taste of heaven.
Some flour and
a loving prayer
to add a bit of leaven.
To form the braid
and weave it so,
it is a work of art.
In loving care
the bread is baked
from the center of my heart.
And when it's shared
by friend and neighbor,
a bread so full of flavor,
our friendship we shall savor.
Goodwill is ours this day
be it summer, fall or spring.
May the lovely Challah bread
To your family blessings bring.
Lynne FincherSpringarden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Challah Blessings by Lynne FincherSpringarden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- SCARRING, Satish Verma
- you not a good being, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Invention of Streetlights, Cole Swensen
- teenage pregnancy, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- Emerge into one, hasmukh amathalal
- do you still remember?, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Power Holders, ali chukwuemeka
- what is love?, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- If a Garden of Numbers, Cole Swensen
- In your language, gajanan mishra