I love to make
the Challah bread
it's like a taste of heaven.
Some flour and
a loving prayer
to add a bit of leaven.
To form the braid
and weave it so,
it is a work of art.
In loving care
the bread is baked
from the center of my heart.
And when it's shared
by friend and neighbor,
a bread so full of flavor,
our friendship we shall savor.
Goodwill is ours this day
be it summer, fall or spring.
May the lovely Challah bread
To your family blessings bring.
Lynne FincherSpringarden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Challah Blessings by Lynne FincherSpringarden )
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Butterfly Kite Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI