Chalice of Subsistence
My love has no time limits,
You darling are the fabric of space and time
That keeps my heart together.
If a person expresses their love and no one is around to feel it,
does it still beat?
If your heart beats with love,
I want to be the one to witness the sound,
prove to the world that love is pure and unbound.
People search all their lives for loves grail,
I have found my chalice of subsistence.
I don't need any great wonders,
to appreciate the wonder of my existence.
You are the only one I will ever need,
You are the only reason why my heart flows.
And when I die, and my heart has silenced,
Will you cry? Will you follow me?
Like when the arctic sheet melts
and the winter rose is exposed?
Just tell me...
I'm the only one you will ever need.
Now close your eyes, take this journey with me.
Darling take my hand, follow my lead
Forever is everlasting,
and the reason infinity bleeds.
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chalice of Subsistence by Jay Aguiniga )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.49, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.48, Monk E. Biz
- Pysch essay 1, imani halley
- Recollections, SALINI NAIR
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.47, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.46, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.45, Monk E. Biz
- A Poets View Of Modern Life, Yohan Confectioner
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.44, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.43, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns