Consumed by this emotion
Devoured by this affection
Engulfed in this addiction
Entangled in this feeling
Where do I go from here?
To the past?
To all what we shared?
To the future?
Which we have not as a pair?
The call of your love
The loud whisper
Of your voice
Speaking into my ears
I still hear it in my sleep
In my consciousness
How do I let go of your hand?
How do I break this bond?
But the future beckons
I will be answereth to her call
It's bright from the distance
Brighter as I go closer
The future, where I belong
Abdulrasheed Dawodu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chains Bond by Abdulrasheed Dawodu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Poem of the Day
- The Loss That Has Cost The People, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Christmas Glow, Cigeng Zhang
- The Watchers, Aaryan Deshpande
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal
- But vicinty, hasmukh amathalal
- Past Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Still Small Voice, Leong Ming Loong
- Gap and divide, hasmukh amathalal