Consumed by this emotion
Devoured by this affection
Engulfed in this addiction
Entangled in this feeling
Where do I go from here?
To the past?
To all what we shared?
To the future?
Which we have not as a pair?
The call of your love
The loud whisper
Of your voice
Speaking into my ears
I still hear it in my sleep
In my consciousness
How do I let go of your hand?
How do I break this bond?
But the future beckons
I will be answereth to her call
It's bright from the distance
Brighter as I go closer
The future, where I belong
Abdulrasheed Dawodu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chains Bond by Abdulrasheed Dawodu )
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
- Kind Santa, lee fones
- The Farmworker, Terry Dawson
- blow up doll, lee fones
- Please Mommy, Stephen Morris Jr
- Bruce Lee, A Star Sinked in the Sea of Art, Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Ode To A Nightingale, John Keats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)