Consumed by this emotion
Devoured by this affection
Engulfed in this addiction
Entangled in this feeling
Where do I go from here?
To the past?
To all what we shared?
To the future?
Which we have not as a pair?
The call of your love
The loud whisper
Of your voice
Speaking into my ears
I still hear it in my sleep
In my consciousness
How do I let go of your hand?
How do I break this bond?
But the future beckons
I will be answereth to her call
It's bright from the distance
Brighter as I go closer
The future, where I belong
Abdulrasheed Dawodu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chains Bond by Abdulrasheed Dawodu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Who Ever Loved That Loved Not at First S.., Christopher Marlowe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Johnny Giles (Clerihew), Paul Butters
- Vapour Trail Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- Carrot/Stick Solution, Ima Ryma
- electrification, oskar hansen
- Love And Respect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Curtain of Fog, V P Mahur
- Love's Dictum, L. E. O. Gibraltar
- Crow Is Still Thirsty, V P Mahur
- Holding Onto Inner Purposes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Caring For Yourself, RoseAnn V. Shawiak