A child rates their parents,
Especially their father.
He like the star in their life,
A destroyer of all fears,
The one who wipes your tears when you fall
And disobeys mommy when she says no.
You mould us to become successful young people
And you correct us when we go wrong.
You share your experiences so we can learn from them.
And you make us realize that you were once like us.
We have rated you,
And saw that you passed our test,
Other people might look for different things in a father,
But we are proud to call you our father,
A certified father in our eyes.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Certified father by Nirupa Narine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 21 Shades Of Blue Intertext Part 1: The .., Ryan Scales
- Poet Bound Sentenced Ancient Mariner Tides, Terence G. Craddock
- THE FACE OF THE BLOODY MASSACRES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Cat Faces, Ryan Scales
- Far, Brandt Nightingale
- Have You Loved An Angel?, Ronald Chapman
- Tohum Dükkanı, Deniz Atay
- Forgetting My Father, Ryan Scales
- Remembering My Father, Ryan Scales
- Senin Değilim, Deniz Atay