A child rates their parents,
Especially their father.
He like the star in their life,
A destroyer of all fears,
The one who wipes your tears when you fall
And disobeys mommy when she says no.
You mould us to become successful young people
And you correct us when we go wrong.
You share your experiences so we can learn from them.
And you make us realize that you were once like us.
We have rated you,
And saw that you passed our test,
Other people might look for different things in a father,
But we are proud to call you our father,
A certified father in our eyes.
Nirupa Narine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Certified father by Nirupa Narine )
- Haiku- A coffin, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- ANGEL MY NIECE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Magnetizer, Saiom Shriver
- ANDY AT STUDIO 205, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Lizzie Borden (Limerick), Dorian Petersen Potter
- ANDERSON'S HOME, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ALLS PEOPLE DAY, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ALIAS POEM, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- AIRPORT INSPECTION, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Where Once Upon A Morn So Dreary, Noah Body
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)