Certain deeds are not considered as a healthy practice!
One should not touch and use the oil
…already smeared over the hair in his head
for the other parts of the body!
One should not touch
…and use the dirty dress
worn by others!
One should not accept and wear
…the footwear used by others,
even if it is politely requested!
(It is not a healthy practice to use the same oil
put to the hair in the head to other parts of the body,
use the dirty dress worn by others
and wear the footwear used by others)
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Certain deeds are not considered as a healthy practice! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Aasaarak kOvai'
தலையுரைத்த எண்ணெயா லெவ்வுறுப்புந் தீண்டார்
பிறருடுத்த மாசுணியுந் தீண்டார் செருப்புக்
குறையெனினுங் கொள்ளா ரிரந்து.12 ஆசாரக்கோவை
Comments about this poem (Certain deeds are not considered as a healthy practice! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- JULEKALENDER # VI, Gunnar Mo.
- Reflection, Viviana Helianos
- Loveliest friend the life., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Artist, Phil Soar
- Transcending love, Viviana Helianos
- JULEKALENDER # V, Gunnar Mo.
- Those moments of weakness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- lost, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Apps, Phil Soar
- rapture, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI