Jerry Behr Number 2
I’ve noticed amongst a great deal of poets on Poem Hunter
That they all write there poetry in the same way and they write
thus: “My heart is broken since you left.”
“My wondrous love for you ever since we found each other.”
“Our love goes to eternity no one is to put us sunder.”
This is baaaaaaaad news!
I’ve noticed in recent times that there is censorship in the news
which especially applies to the print media.
In the Western World this is not done deliberately.
For governments this censorship comes by serendipity.
Television has undermined newspapers to a point whereby
newspapers are useless. In Sydney we only have one newspaper
“The Daily Telegraph” the other is “The Sydney Morning
Herald” a wall paper. Who wants to read a wall
paper? So our choice is indeed very very small.
Infact I don’t buy newspapers for the news anymore,
I only buy the Sunday Telegraph for the TV. week, not for any
news. Imagine, any reality is done by television only.
Governments and institutions love that, because they have
all the financial muscles so they can rave rave and rave.
Meanwhile in the land of poetry the poets write
“I feel so lonely at night” “Praising Jesus” “I love God tonight”
For the government this is serendipity.
Let the poets continue with their bla, bla, bla, bla, bla
Heaven forbid if poets write political, economic hubla, hubla.
This the reason why I write about political and economic themes
because I can see how a democratic countries like Australia or
even the U.S.A. could turn and behave like a
dictatorship committing social atrocities against citizens.
Treating people on the dole as if they were cretins.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cencsorship by Jerry Behr Number 2 )
- BSU pride By Bo-Edward Lawrence, Bo Edward Lawrence
- Dandelions, Buddy Bee Anthony
- The Bird, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Essence Of Another Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Zion By Bo-Edward Lawrence, Bo Edward Lawrence
- The thunder and lighting., Harold R Hunt Sr
- THe Mean Man, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Jury duty, Harold R Hunt Sr
- My Body Is Not Your Temple By Bo-Edward .., Bo Edward Lawrence
- The America Flag., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)