You are green:
Fresh and young and true.
Time nor age nor scalding pain
Has burnt out
The living parts in you.
But where the old has gone,
A new shoot has grown
Out of the recesses of the old.
You are green and will grow
Greener every day -
Sprouting new shoots and leaves and flowers
Throughout the entire season
Of your existence.
You are a living thing
Not dead wood - no elaborate
Carved and polished structure are you,
You are a poet's dream.
The pessimist's hope- the cynic's belief
You are my love
A great relief
After all my lessons
In mundane earth forms:
Studies that choked me
Till you brought the breath back Celia,
Fresh and young,
Sadia Arman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Celia by Sadia Arman )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- The Dog Next Door, Tony Adah
- Joseph Cornell, with Box, Michael Dumanis
- The Painting, John Balaban
- Time to Think in an Unused Place pt.2, cheynne dries
- Why knowing is (& Matisse's Woman with a.., Martha Ronk
- Time to Think in an Unused Place pt.1, cheynne dries
- Grouch Grinch, Philo Yan
- 'new fairy', saif gallant
- Seeing All the Vermeers, Alfred Corn
- Escapee On The Hill, Tony Adah