Celestial Body Thinking
What does the sun see in all her heat
where fools to live and fools do meet.
She sees that all the pain and sorrow
will be on earth today and tomorrow.
And still she'll shine for thee.
What does the moon see when she's aglow
where fools don't ask so fools don't know?
She sees that night cast shadows tall
and only the wolf bays out a call.
But still she shines for thee.
Between the two they are amazed
that all the ones who sat and gazed
could believe that the earth is best.
And every day and night confessed
that we just grant them light.
No, dear humans that's not the case.
We are bodies that have to face
our fear of all the human race
that seem bent on destroying space..
But still we shine for thee.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Celestial Body Thinking by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker
- Brothers, Two..., Denis Martindale
- The One True God, Roy Blokker
- After the Summer, Somanathan Iyer
- The House I Bought?, Dr John Celes
- Resemblance, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- One Single Drop, Kaleb Falin
- Survivor's Guilt, Roy Blokker
- Right or wrong!, Mark Heathcote
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal