He stood all of 5 feet 5 inches,
A legend in his own underpants
Vainly displaying his credentials
Of a rolling pin and soup spoon.
He was a television phenomenon
A big TV star, a celebrity chef.
The world was at his size 8 feet:
A chef’s hat hid his partially bald head.
He was a name on a thousand households
Lips. His cupcakes a true legend:
He was a boon to all marketers
And starred in many TV commercials.
Heads would turn in the street when
He walked past and people wanted
His autograph, he always carried a pen.
He was so proud of himself.
But what did he do for society?
What did he do for the world’s poor?
Did he ever win a Nobel Prize for medicine?
No, just another of life’s parasites.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Celebrity by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Elimination of Stress and Strife in My L.., K J Force
- Philip's Philippines, Richard Thripp
- less, lee fones
- Boven de Mens'lijkheid, Madrason writer
- Sleep To Dream, Arafat Driche
- The curse of poverty, Arafat Driche
- The Statue, Arafat Driche
- House hunting, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Mother Mother Mother..............! ! !, Arafat Driche
- Night of Nights, Arafat Driche