He stood all of 5 feet 5 inches,
A legend in his own underpants
Vainly displaying his credentials
Of a rolling pin and soup spoon.
He was a television phenomenon
A big TV star, a celebrity chef.
The world was at his size 8 feet:
A chef’s hat hid his partially bald head.
He was a name on a thousand households
Lips. His cupcakes a true legend:
He was a boon to all marketers
And starred in many TV commercials.
Heads would turn in the street when
He walked past and people wanted
His autograph, he always carried a pen.
He was so proud of himself.
But what did he do for society?
What did he do for the world’s poor?
Did he ever win a Nobel Prize for medicine?
No, just another of life’s parasites.
David Wood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Celebrity by David Wood )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 February 1970-)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- My Love, How Are You? Are You Happy With.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How I Feel, Leong Ming Loong
- Something Systemic, Francie Lynch
- Alone This Morning, Francie Lynch
- Tell Then To Go, Francie Lynch
- Cutters, Francie Lynch
- Seeing the Happiness of Souls, Sayeed Abubakar
- Let it come to war, James Jarrett
- Pee-On, Francie Lynch
- Oloso(Harlot), Olufayo Ezekiel