He stood all of 5 feet 5 inches,
A legend in his own underpants
Vainly displaying his credentials
Of a rolling pin and soup spoon.
He was a television phenomenon
A big TV star, a celebrity chef.
The world was at his size 8 feet:
A chef’s hat hid his partially bald head.
He was a name on a thousand households
Lips. His cupcakes a true legend:
He was a boon to all marketers
And starred in many TV commercials.
Heads would turn in the street when
He walked past and people wanted
His autograph, he always carried a pen.
He was so proud of himself.
But what did he do for society?
What did he do for the world’s poor?
Did he ever win a Nobel Prize for medicine?
No, just another of life’s parasites.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Celebrity by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska
- A stain..., GRANT FRASER
- buzz be what?, Mandolyn ...
- The Cat, Novica Tadić
- Singing in the Shower, Joan Goodwin
- Pappou Elia's Poem - A More Literal Tran.., Elia Michael
- Night Sonnet, Novica Tadić
- Asperger's is not a curse - it is just a.., Richard Allen Beevor