Causus Belli Parody Keith Preston Lapsus Linguae
We wanted nice Rice
but she came with a whip,
a sad, inexcusable
He needed no push,
burning Bush went to war
with logic well oiled,
and flaw at its core.
By desert saltbush
an ambush they found,
as reason recoiled,
polls plunged to the ground.
Wrong Cheney insaney
hard right, lost strong hand
was [f]oiled and term-oiled,
stumped De Lay of the land.
In law court flaw caught
his pants hanging down,
as casualties rose,
to tumbrel his crown!
When Libby thought Plame
a target to flame,
no perjury's surgery
could whitehousewash claim.
When pride seeks free ride
on the back of attack,
there beware motives snide:
Time’s tide takes much back.
We wanted Li Wing
But we winged Willie Wong.
A sad but excusable
Slip of the tong.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Causus Belli Parody Keith Preston Lapsus Linguae by Jonathan ROBIN )
- The End, D.A. Woods
- Sad Sorrows, Frank Weedings
- Understand My Horse, Naveed Akram
- At That Time, Luis Estable
- A Poem and Four Films, the guy in charge
- Short Never, Luis Estable
- Deep Monster, Naveed Akram
- Allow This, Luis Estable
- A better life حياة افضل, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- She Loved Her Some Peterbilt, the guy in charge
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)