Causus Belli Parody Keith Preston Lapsus Linguae
We wanted nice Rice
but she came with a whip,
a sad, inexcusable
He needed no push,
burning Bush went to war
with logic well oiled,
and flaw at its core.
By desert saltbush
an ambush they found,
as reason recoiled,
polls plunged to the ground.
Wrong Cheney insaney
hard right, lost strong hand
was [f]oiled and term-oiled,
stumped De Lay of the land.
In law court flaw caught
his pants hanging down,
as casualties rose,
to tumbrel his crown!
When Libby thought Plame
a target to flame,
no perjury's surgery
could whitehousewash claim.
When pride seeks free ride
on the back of attack,
there beware motives snide:
Time’s tide takes much back.
We wanted Li Wing
But we winged Willie Wong.
A sad but excusable
Slip of the tong.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Causus Belli Parody Keith Preston Lapsus Linguae by Jonathan ROBIN )
- जिउनि दाइरियाव,2013, Ronjoy Brahma
- At That Moment All Ugliness was Undone., Akhtar Jawad
- Anonymous, Elia Michael
- Poor Birds of Cage, Pius Didier
- Christmas Differences, Melissa Furey
- Celebration, Shruti Goswami
- Leave Behind, Shruti Goswami
- Unceremonious, Shruti Goswami
- Restful Nights, Margaret Moran
- Qwerty, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)