Caught in the Undertow
COLIN, worshipping some frail,
By self-deception sways her:
Calls himself unworthy male,
Hardly even fit to praise her.
But this tactic insincere
In the upshot greatly grieves him
When he finds the lovely dear
Quite implicitly believes him.
Christopher Morley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Caught in the Undertow by Christopher Morley )
- Three Days Before You Left, Mikey Bachman
- Conceptualizing Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Different Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Little Abstract, Naveed Khalid
- With a logic, hasmukh amathalal
- Peaceful Sophistication, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- She Walks By Starlight, Mikey Bachman
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Intuition, Naveed Khalid