Today I heard the only verdict you could possibly find,
That my words are nothing but the subjectivity of my own diseased mind..
You see me as the catalyst of all the dark things you did,
For I bring out sheer darkness in the heart of every soul I mingle with..
I know I'm silent and there's no emotion to be found,
Yet my heart beats even without its music or any sound..
And still of my existence I'm aware,
I eat and breathe and I'm no machine so there's nothing to fear..
For you would like to hear the words you so much desire,
To hear me say 'it was all because of me' and make me the liar..
For you're so ignorant and never understanding,
And my need for you to understand me stops to be evermore demanding..
Rick Adriolo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Catalyst.. by Rick Adriolo )
- The Preacher's Wife, Effie Waller Smith
- The Light of Day, David Griebel
- FAIRY TALE PRINCESS, Visato Kiso
- Flowers, David Griebel
- Apple Sauce And Chicken Fried, Effie Waller Smith
- Generosity, Babatunde Aremu
- Futile Peace Troll, Aftab Alam
- Dragons, David Griebel
- After Reading the Song of Hiawatha, Effie Waller Smith
- Two Things, Taurai, George Pfumbi
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- You Will Forever Be In My Heart, Crystal Piatt
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Television, Roald Dahl
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)