Today I heard the only verdict you could possibly find,
That my words are nothing but the subjectivity of my own diseased mind..
You see me as the catalyst of all the dark things you did,
For I bring out sheer darkness in the heart of every soul I mingle with..
I know I'm silent and there's no emotion to be found,
Yet my heart beats even without its music or any sound..
And still of my existence I'm aware,
I eat and breathe and I'm no machine so there's nothing to fear..
For you would like to hear the words you so much desire,
To hear me say 'it was all because of me' and make me the liar..
For you're so ignorant and never understanding,
And my need for you to understand me stops to be evermore demanding..
Rick Adriolo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Catalyst.. by Rick Adriolo )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Ki no Tsurayuki
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)