I heard the sound of a screeching cat
and wondered why the sound?
I heard it again but didn't go out
because I was housebound.
I contented myself with this one thought.
Even if that cat happened to die,
he had 8 more lives that he could try.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CAT by Edwina Reizer )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Television, Roald Dahl
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)