I should have grinned when morning came
Atop posts of gaping day, with lunatics
Humming dirges of a broken world.
I remained glued to my gloom.
Rising from the pit of hell, I held
Concupiscent cats hostage.
The course of their waning speed of flight
Harmed my precisions.
From a boanerges' point of view,
Fierce elocution dampened by grey voids of
Unassailable haunts cripple the badinage of
Myths celebrated at dawn's memorial.
I weep through the voice of an alcove's
Muted spirit, one grace, forlorn and dew-wet,
Re-christened at sable-draped ceremonies.
Haunted by such recurring whims of deliberate
Schisms by harridans, I crawl on both knees,
Filching webs atop crests of arachnids.
I should have waved siesta's flag at 3 P.M.
Lush vagaries of new-sprouted greens yield to the
Mockery of phlogiston,
Leaving behind, banters from drunken laughters,
Crackles from prostituting fires, meek and ailing,
And hells of sweat from my aching head.
Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Careless Moments by Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Little Things, Raghda Ashraf Soliman
- Life, Dennis Lange
- A Thirst, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Unlimited Beauty, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- A Quarrel, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Lighthouse by the Sea, Mary Bone
- Imagination's Gardens, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Betrayed, Vanessa Parodia
- meri zingagi ek kahaani bn gyi, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Nighttime Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak