Some came in chains
Unrepentant but tired.
Too tired but to stumble.
Thinking and hating were finished
Thinking and fighting were finished
Retreating and hoping were finished.
Cures thus a long campaign,
Making death easy.
Ernest Hemingway's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Captives by Ernest Hemingway )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...