Some came in chains
Unrepentant but tired.
Too tired but to stumble.
Thinking and hating were finished
Thinking and fighting were finished
Retreating and hoping were finished.
Cures thus a long campaign,
Making death easy.
Ernest Hemingway's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Captives by Ernest Hemingway )
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard
- You're My Favorite Fix, Lilly Emery
- COURAGE, LOVE & OBEDIENCE, Tom Zart
- You Are My Everything, Lilly Emery
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- The Transcendental At Worthington Lake, Harry Freeman
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery