Some came in chains
Unrepentant but tired.
Too tired but to stumble.
Thinking and hating were finished
Thinking and fighting were finished
Retreating and hoping were finished.
Cures thus a long campaign,
Making death easy.
Ernest Hemingway's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Captives by Ernest Hemingway )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar