Cape Town Weather Forecast
Lighting jagged, infernal fierce
The darkness pierce
Streaking the sky
Charged currents fly
The rain drops, round and sweet, plump down
On a parched town
Children have fun
The sun peaks out from behind cloud
Joy! Shouts aloud
Welcome warmth soak
A comfort cloak
Suzette Richards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The Minute poetry form was created by Verna Lee Hindgardner of Arkansas, in the 1960'. It has been described as "an elegant weaving of the Elizabethan sonnet and early-Eastern haiku."
The Minute Poem is a poem that follows the '8,4,4,4' syllable count structure. It usually has 3 stanzas that are exactly the same. So: 8,4,4,4; 8,4,4,4; 8,4,4,4 syllables.
A traditional Minute Poem has 12 lines total. It has 60 syllables. It is written in a strict iambic meter. The rhyme scheme is as follows: aabb, ccdd, eeff.
Comments about this poem (Cape Town Weather Forecast by Suzette Richards )
- PRETTY THOUGHTS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 如果爱是守候, qin xing
- Strife, Md. Asadullah
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Contrary Sary, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pixley Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out In The Open, Edgar Albert Guest