Waltz For Zizi
Candle Burning My Hands
You did something to me,
You made me the poet
forcing me to dip the pen in my heart
in search for the right ink
and for a piece of you
left there, from a long time ago.
to me you are not love.
To me you are just scribbles
on the mountains of paper I buy
with the little money I have.
The silhouette of an old dream,
that's what you are to me.
A paper muse that I see,
only when I gaze at the stars,
when I can't smile,
when the world won't let me.
Your palms, the shelter of my heart,
where are they now?
I've given you words
that can only be found in my heart.
None of them were lies
you spilled them all.
I did not mind your heart
passing through so many hands
before laying in mine,
but you just cold not share your love with me,
Yes, we slept together,
in your room, in my room,
so many times
but in reality, we never really made love to each other
in a way to be worth writing about.
You were in such a hurry
to put your clothes back on,
only I hated the clock for spinning that fast,
and the world for being too loud
every time I'd put my head on your chest,
to hear the heart,
my fingers could not reach.
Thief, I'm not giving you anything else.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Candle Burning My Hands by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- I choose nature to you, Vidura Prabhath
- [FIVE] - of roses in a decaying memory, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Winter Bed, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns