Of Muses And Other Ghosts
Candle Burning My Hands
You did something to me,
You made me the poet
forcing me to dip the pen in my heart
in search for the right ink
and for a piece of you
left there, from a long time ago.
to me you are not love.
To me you are just scribbles
on the mountains of paper I buy
with the little money I have.
The silhouette of an old dream,
that's what you are to me.
A paper muse that I see,
only when I gaze at the stars,
when I can't smile,
when the world won't let me.
Your palms, the shelter of my heart,
where are they now?
I've given you words
that can only be found in my heart.
None of them were lies
you spilled them all.
I did not mind your heart
passing through so many hands
before laying in mine,
but you just cold not share your love with me,
Yes, we slept together,
in your room, in my room,
so many times
but in reality, we never really made love to each other
in a way to be worth writing about.
You were in such a hurry
to put your clothes back on,
only I hated the clock for spinning that fast,
and the world for being too loud
every time I'd put my head on your chest,
to hear the heart,
my fingers could not reach.
Thief, I'm not giving you anything else.
Of Muses And Other Ghosts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Candle Burning My Hands by Of Muses And Other Ghosts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- All The Time The Talk About Fanaticism &.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Helpless, Robert Melliard
- नोँ सोर गोसो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Judge Is Not A Judge, The Court Is N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Be childless., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- दंङ, Ronjoy Brahma