Canary with Cat
The Canary, yellow and small,
sang on the sill looking in,
through the window.
The Cat, looking up from the lawn,
licked its whiskers,
and moved, slowly.
And then, upwards,
as if a boeing in
takeoff, the cat
towards the song,
from the lawn.
The bird saw the shadow
and moved higher to the treetop.
The cat, against the pane
back to the manicured lawn.
From a higher top
the song still sang.
Bernard Kennedy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Canary with Cat by Bernard Kennedy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Recognizing Tempos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sometimes an hour, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- The Possession of Love (Section 8 of Thi.., rajendran muthiah
- A BROKEN DREAM حلم مئطوش - حلم مكسور, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Valentine, mary douglas
- Remembering Her Worth, F. J. Thomas
- Tunnels, Mark Arvizu
- Stop, Is It Poetry
- O virgin chic..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL