CANADIAN ELECTIONS... JULY 6TH,2013
Canadian elections are too important to disregard,
As if, where less than half the people vote; the other half are barred,
As if this is normal and party politicians are pleased,
As if democracy is not involved and we are not being squeezed.
As if the equasion between democracy and elections doesn’t count.
Where Ottawa aristocrats give their sermon on the mount,
Where elite media moguls are allowed to pull all the strings,
And no binding referendums allowed or those sort of things.
Where unelected senators are there till they’re seventy five,
Their appointments could last longer than a lifespant as they thrive,
So this is allowed to happen in case you didn’t know,
Binding referendums are not accepted by those in the chateau.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CANADIAN ELECTIONS... JULY 6TH,2013 by James Bredin )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.
- Fire brand - Judge, gajanan mishra