James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
CANADIAN ELECTIONS... JULY 6TH,2013
Canadian elections are too important to disregard,
As if, where less than half the people vote; the other half are barred,
As if this is normal and party politicians are pleased,
As if democracy is not involved and we are not being squeezed.
As if the equasion between democracy and elections doesn’t count.
Where Ottawa aristocrats give their sermon on the mount,
Where elite media moguls are allowed to pull all the strings,
And no binding referendums allowed or those sort of things.
Where unelected senators are there till they’re seventy five,
Their appointments could last longer than a lifespant as they thrive,
So this is allowed to happen in case you didn’t know,
Binding referendums are not accepted by those in the chateau.
James Bredin's Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.