CANADIAN ELECTIONS... JULY 6TH,2013
Canadian elections are too important to disregard,
As if, where less than half the people vote; the other half are barred,
As if this is normal and party politicians are pleased,
As if democracy is not involved and we are not being squeezed.
As if the equasion between democracy and elections doesn’t count.
Where Ottawa aristocrats give their sermon on the mount,
Where elite media moguls are allowed to pull all the strings,
And no binding referendums allowed or those sort of things.
Where unelected senators are there till they’re seventy five,
Their appointments could last longer than a lifespant as they thrive,
So this is allowed to happen in case you didn’t know,
Binding referendums are not accepted by those in the chateau.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CANADIAN ELECTIONS... JULY 6TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Bruised My Soul, Lilly Emery
- aliens different to my norm, lee fones
- MY SITUATION IS MY REMINDER OF MY MYSELF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We will take our fires..., Marshall Gass
- Seed Pod, Marshall Gass
- Changeover, Marshall Gass
- Together Forever, Maureen Alikor
- [ Its winter here and clutching at warmt.., Marshall Gass
- Coin, Marshall Gass
- The ruling of the king without proper go.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan