Can You Imagine
Can you imagine – a world without love
Can you imagine- no stars up above
Can you imagine- no animals to be found
And the ones you see are dead on the ground.
Can you imagine- not a bird in the sky
Now the toughest thing is “asking yourself why “.
Look around you and what do you see
Wars, sickness, and poverty.
It’s gotten to a point that war is the only answer
But this war will be against sickness and poverty.
We must create health, and give back a little wealth.
We are the only ones that can make the change
Otherwise life will stay the same.
Can you imagine- seeing your child in torn clothes or dirty rags
And people dying in the streets
Because of a health bill they cannot meet.
We have child slavery and child porn
Was this the reason our kids were born?
“Now” can you imagine-this most beautiful sight
If the world’s population stood up to fight.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can You Imagine by louis rams )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Poem of the Day
- I Couldn't Hold On Your Hands!, Geetha Jayakumar
- An Apple Of Love!, Geetha Jayakumar
- My Astrological Calculations Just For Fun!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Forever Love, Luo Zhihai
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant