Can you Dance with me?
Can you dance with me if no one else can?
Zumba on the shape that needs some toning
I see myself in the spell of someone’s hand
Under their command until I become strong.
In another playlist of my beautiful dream
Perched high dangling on edge in the sky,
Showing the place where I am coming from
I can see gravity fly and my world goes by.
Into sparkling mezzanine on which we dance,
Taking breathtaking leaps and stunning swings,
The intense accentuated a sparkling romance,
Into peaks streaks and cotton wool valleys.
Can you dance with me and get a little closer
Would you like to hold me until we are together?
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Can you Dance with me? by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer
- Pioneers and Parade Floats, Jeff Gangwer
- The Muse, Midnights Voice