'CAN THERE BE A BETTER WAY? '
Here we are the smartest creatures on this Earth
and we treat someone who has done wrong like dirt.
Does that makes us any better than them?
Does that make us enemies or friends?
“He who has not sinned cast the first stone.”
Remember Jesus said this
I drive this part home.
Now can there be a better way?
To change the system that is not working till this day?
I think we are humans with more than enough brains
hopefully more love and kindness
than control, shame and blame.
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on Easter, March 31,2013
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('CAN THERE BE A BETTER WAY? ' by Suzanna Chevalier )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
Poem of the Day
- Christmas Glow, Cigeng Zhang
- The Watchers, Aaryan Deshpande
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal
- But vicinty, hasmukh amathalal
- Past Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Still Small Voice, Leong Ming Loong
- Gap and divide, hasmukh amathalal
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry