Can I Cry?
The night has suddenly turned so silent. Everything is just on a stand still right now. Sometimes complete silence can be so haunting. It gives no option but to just be still like a statue with no emotions at all. Life turns lifeless sometimes since nothing really remains to be done. These moments of life are passing by in silence. Feel so much of pain inside me that nothing can be done about it. All efforts appear to be useless in a manner that they have never been ever before. It hurts as my essence feels the grief too of just being alive.
The mind refuses to function by saying I have had enough of this haunting silence. Darkness says that I feel like living no more in this grief. Have nothing which is remaining as my heart feels so empty. Can I cry? My heart just says that let life go on. Maybe, some day things will be okay.
Rohit Sapra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can I Cry? by Rohit Sapra )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Abhangs (A Short Collection), Sant Tukaram
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- কবিতাপল্লি, Hanzala Han
- Other Guys, Amber Carr
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson
- Christmas, Titiksa Dugar
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...