Can I Cry?
The night has suddenly turned so silent. Everything is just on a stand still right now. Sometimes complete silence can be so haunting. It gives no option but to just be still like a statue with no emotions at all. Life turns lifeless sometimes since nothing really remains to be done. These moments of life are passing by in silence. Feel so much of pain inside me that nothing can be done about it. All efforts appear to be useless in a manner that they have never been ever before. It hurts as my essence feels the grief too of just being alive.
The mind refuses to function by saying I have had enough of this haunting silence. Darkness says that I feel like living no more in this grief. Have nothing which is remaining as my heart feels so empty. Can I cry? My heart just says that let life go on. Maybe, some day things will be okay.
Rohit Sapra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can I Cry? by Rohit Sapra )
Did you read them?
- In Living Memory (11-22-63), John F. McCullagh
- Music, Fatima Nusairat
- what swanky sap is this?, Mandolyn ...
- Natural, David Chap Bottoms
- I end poem, hasmukh amathalal
- here's my armadillo, now get me a pillow.., Mandolyn ...
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- With her ability, hasmukh amathalal
- Inhuman way, hasmukh amathalal
- THERE IS…, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)